Wednesday 10 April 2013

THE REAL | KWAICORE | IS BACK...

THE REAL | KWAICORE | IS BACK...

And I'm back, sorry for the lack of communication I have been far and wide searching for KWAICORE happenings. On my time off from blogging I found myself searching for what Kwaicore really is. My searches led me around the world to places such as South Korea, Doha, and Bali and what I found was astonishing.

Not only have other countries adopted this new genre of music but they are developing on it further. For example in South Korea they have taken KPOP, which is Korean pop, and they have added kwaito to create a new genre called Kwaipop. 
Two Korean groups that are showing promise in developing Kwaicore  into Kwaipop are called Girls Generation and Sistar19. This is a link to one of Girls Generations songs, although it is not Kwaicore or Kwaipop it is still very interesting and fun to watch. These are also fun to watch and are good tutorials on how to dance when listening to KPOP and KWAICORE, how to DANCE to KPOP, how to DANCE to KWAICORE.

During my brief stay in Bali I went to KUTA to enjoy the surf scene. KUTA is one of the best surf spots in Bali and attracts some of the top surfers from around the world, this is where I heard the word Kwai, an abbreviation of Kwaicore, being thrown around a lot. It seems that surfers today have diverted from using words such as narly and rad which used to be the lingo in the 80's and 90's to more chilled words such as epic and now Kwai. Although Kwaicore music hasn't hit the shores of Bali as of yet, Kwaicore influences have.

That's all for now, Keep it kwai...


No comments:

Post a Comment